Salary $5,673.00 - $7,566.00 Monthly
Location 1900 SW 4th Ave, OR
Job Type Regular
Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
Job Number 2018-00281
Closing 4/23/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is responsible for the management, oversight and implementation of two mandatory energy performance reporting programs: Commercial Building Energy Performance Reporting and Home Energy Score. The Energy Score Program Manager will oversee both programs and will supervise the work of one full-time program specialist and one part-time customer service representative. The position is responsible for accomplishing strategic program objectives and for overseeing day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include establishing program workplans; directly supervising technical and customer service staff that interface with regulated parties; crafting and overseeing contracts; leading marketing and communications activities; creating and tracking program budgets; representing the program to the public, partners and stakeholders; applying an equity lens to ensure that program requirements, benefits and burdens are communicated in culturally-relevant ways; and presenting at meetings and conferences. The position oversees and monitors the development of technical solutions that support the programs, such as databases, websites and customer relationship management systems. The Energy Score Program Manager cultivates and manages relationships with a wide range of partners and allies that work on energy efficiency, including other governments, nonprofits, community-based organizations and private-sector firms. The Energy Score Program Manager works closely with internal BPS support teams, including Communications and Technical Services.
The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability values a diverse workforce and seeks ways to promote equity and inclusion within the organization. BPS encourages candidates with knowledge, ability and experience working with a broad range of individuals and diverse communities to apply. Although not required, BPS encourages candidates that can fluently speak more than one language to include that information in your resume.
In addition to the minimum qualifications listed below, ideal candidates will have the following desired qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills and high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated customer service ethos.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Knowledge of and experience with principles, practices and concepts of program design, program development and coordination as related to building energy efficiency.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency methods, practices, technologies and techniques, including accepted industry practices in both residential and commercial sectors.
- Experience managing staff, stakeholder and partner relationships.
- Effective business writing and oral presentation skills for communicating about and developing support for programs.
The Recruitment Process
An evaluation of each applicant's training and experience, as demonstrated in their resume and answers to supplemental questions, weighted 100%. Do not attach materials not requested. Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the equally ranked eligible list. You have 14 days from the notice of the examination results to let us know if you disagree with your results. Please read the City of Portland Administrative Rule 3.01 for complete information. Additional evaluation may be required prior to establishment of the eligible list and/or final selection.
Applicants must submit a professional résumé online and answer all required supplemental questions, specifically focused on your qualifications for this position as identified in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement in accordance with the following Application Instructions:
- Your résumé and answers to supplemental question will be the basis for our evaluation of your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information may result in disqualification.
- Your answers to the supplemental questions should include details describing your education, training and/or experience, and where obtained which clearly reflects your qualifications for each of the numbered items in the "To Qualify" section of this announcement.
- Your résumé should support the details described in the answers to the supplemental questions.
- If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, as identified below, please describe in your answers to the supplemental questions any transferable skills obtained during your military service and how they relate to each of the required minimum qualifications under the "To Qualify" section above.
Your résumé should be no more than a total of two (2) pages. Do not attach materials not requested.
All completed applications for this position must be submitted online no later than 11:59 pm, on the closing date of this recruitment. E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you are requesting Veteran's Preference, attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215 and / or Veteran's Administration letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veteran's Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment you apply for.
Veteran's Preference documentation must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date of this recruitment.
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named below No Later Than the Closing Date of This Announcement.
John DiGrazia, Senior Human Resources Analyst
Bureau of Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
City of Portland
1120 SW 5th Ave, 404
Portland, Oregon, 97204