Support Specialist 2
$19.20 - $25.72 Hourly
12725 Millikan Way Beaverton, OR
4/11/2018 4:30 PM Pacific
The Community Services Program is a new program of the Mayor's Office designed to facilitate communication and collaboration between the City of Beaverton and nonprofit, community-based, and faith-based organizations working to address the basic needs of low-income populations in Beaverton. The program has three primary approaches: supporting collective impact, building capacity, and creating strategic partnerships that address the needs of target populations in Beaverton.
The Support Specialist 2 will provide administrative and program support for the Community Services Program. The ideal candidate is an individual with excellent organizational, administrative, and communications skills. This includes the ability to learn new systems and effectively manage competing priorities while demonstrating attention to detail, thoroughness of work, and follow-through on complex tasks. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to interact respectfully with people from different backgrounds, effectively build strong working relationships with community stakeholders and internal staff, and show flexibility and initiative in a newly developing program. This position requires some evening and weekend hours.
- Provide administrative support for ongoing programming, including scheduling, logistical arrangements, preparing materials, and creating reports for meetings and events.
- Support financial management and coordination for recipients of the annual Social Services Grant program and other strategic partners, including drafting contracts, submitting purchase orders and payments, collecting grant reports, monitoring and tracking expenditures.
- Provide support for volunteer coordination, recruitment and recognition for activities related to the Beaverton Severe Weather Shelter.
- Research emerging trends in the area of community services for local jurisdictions.
- Perform database management, organization, and tracking of key contacts.
- Support communications and marketing activities such as creating promotional materials, drafting press releases, posting to social media, archiving photos, etc.
- Support and respect diversity in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of administrative experience OR
- 2-year degree and 2 years administrative experience OR
- 4-year degree and 1 year of administrative experience.
- Experience working with economically and culturally diverse populations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet.
- Working knowledge of basic bookkeeping/accounting.
- Ability and willingness to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet the city's driving standards.
- Ability to pass reference and background check.
- Strong experience with administrative duties and multitasking.
- Experience with nonprofit, community-based or faith-based organizations working to address the basic needs of low-income populations.
- Ability to read, write and speak one of the city's priority languages (Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Arabic, Japanese, Russian).
Wage Range: $19.20-$25.72 per hour.
Starting wage will be determined depending on relevant work experience. The city pays the full retirement contribution to PERS; provides employees with an opportunity to participate in a deferred compensation retirement plan; and offers excellent health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. The city also has available a tuition reimbursement program and a public service loan forgiveness program.
City of Beaverton
12725 SW Millikan Way
PO Box 4755
Beaverton, Oregon, 97005