18.82 - $25.22 Hourly
THE POSITION: http://apps.beavertonoregon.gov/Jobs/openings.aspx
The City of Beaverton has been committed to a strong recycling program for its businesses and residents for many years. The Recycling Specialist position will provide technical assistance, resources and education to Beaverton businesses about commercial composting, recycling, and waste prevention. The position requires the ability to discuss a broad range of sustainability and recycling topics in a professional and courteous manner - with a primary emphasis on expanding the commercial composting program. The classification title for this position is Support Specialist 2.
The position is a full-time position, primarily during standard office hours, with occasional evening or weekend event work.
• Provide outreach, education and technical assistance about Recycle at Work and Compost at Work programs to businesses in person and by phone.
• Create a positive experience for internal and external customers through professional and courteous behavior and creative problem resolution.
• Participate in program development (operational, procedural and implementation) including research, compiling information, preparing and distributing materials; maintain databases and spreadsheets.
• Ability to explain complex systems or situations to businesses, residents and/or haulers in understandable ways.
• Provide back-up staffing for residential recycling program, other general office needs, mailroom and community garden support, as needed.
• Develop safe work habits and follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Support and respect diversity in the workplace.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please see link for more details. http://apps.beavertonoregon.gov/Jobs/openings.aspx