Join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry as an Outreach Instructor and travel throughout Oregon teaching kids about science! You’ll also be part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
· Deliver and present OMSI Outreach Education programs in an engaging and enthusiastic manner.
· Coordinate all supplies for individual programs; including making sure that the vehicle is prepped and safe to drive.
· Create relationships and contacts within the science industry.
· Develop and modify curriculum
What you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in education or science field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Working knowledge of general science.
· Minimum 3 years of informal education.
· Minimum 1 year of informal experience in education.
· Minimum 1-year experience teaching in a classroom or informal setting.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
· Competitive health benefits.
· Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/262103.htmlto learn more or apply!
Position closes August 29, 2018.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.