Enjoy mellow days at your local farmer’s market. Consider staffing a booth once or for several dates at your favorite market as a way to stretch out your Earth Day commitment.
Here are a few markets where booths are already planned for the season. They would love to have you join them. Contact them to find out what dates they have scheduled:
- Forest Grove
- King Farmer’s Market in NE Portland
- Eat Smart, Waste Less Challenge and a recycling table will be at several markets around Washington County.
- People’s Coop is seeking a Master Recycler to help plan and implement recycling at their weekly Wednesday Farmer’s Market.
Don’t seeyour favorite market listed? Here are a few easy steps to set up your own booth.
- Contact Lauren to find the contact for the Farmer’s Market of your choice.
- Contact the Farmer’s Market to request one or many dates. (Once a month with a different topic is ideal.)
- Check out a kit or rotating kits.
- Contact Lauren again if you would like to invite other Master Recyclers to join you through the newsletter. (You can also just email your classmates and invite them.)
- Have fun! (And report your hours!)