Grant Park welcomes any help from Master Recyclers, but specifically looking for:
- briefing volunteers on what to look for as unacceptable waste (if so, they should come prior to 9:00 am)
- staffing a dumpster to inspect loads as they come in and explain why, if something needs to be turned away
- bringing educational materials as handouts For incoming cars
- assessing incoming loads and educating drivers about their options
- any help would be wonderful and greatly appreciated, for any period of time.
In the past, Master Recyclers have: managed the swap area and talked to people about what is/isn’t appropriate for reuse and why; educated incoming drivers; helped people sort and often redirect what they have brought in; talked to the volunteers about how stuff should be sorted and why; been general ambassadors of waste information.
Also, if a Master Recycler has an idea for something that would enhance our event we’d love to hear it!
Contact: Stacey Tipp