A group of Master Recyclers are helping this event with planning recycling at this event. They are seeking a Master Recycler to enhance their plans by providing recycling information at an information booth. Check out the Be Cart Smart kit and set up a booth at this fun event.
Explorando el Columbia Slough is the largest bilingual nature festival in the Portland area. Since 2002, Explorando has drawn over five-thousand community members to Whitaker Ponds Nature Park. The event celebrates Latino culture and the watershed with fun and free activities for families to help develop connections with nature and neighborhood resources. Event activities include
- 20 community booths***
- Guided canoe trips
- Guided bike ride to and from the event in partnership with the Community Cycling Center and Verde
- Live birds and insects from the Audubon Society and the Oregon Zoo
- Hands-on environmental activities such as macroinvertebrates, watershed model, and a rock wall
- Container gardening in partnership with the Oregon Food Bank and Growing Gardens
- Folkloric dancing and singing by local community groups such as Danza Azteca/Bajo Salario, Inka Jam, and Lol-Be Yucateco
- Raffle prizes and more.
To sign up Contact Karen Carrillo, email@example.com, 503-281-1132
Contact for the Be Cart Smart kit: Alicia Polacok, 503-823-7101