Reports to: Gresham ReStore Manager
Position Type: Full time/ hourly/ benefits
The Portland Metro ReStores are looking for an energetic, motivated individual to join our Gresham ReStore team. The ReStore sales floor supervisor is responsible for monitoring, anticipating and prioritizing daily maintenance of the ReStore sales floor, break room and restrooms, as well as outdoor public areas. Includes planning and delegation of tasks, ensuring a clean and safe environment, engaging and directing staff and volunteers and working with management staff to fulfill all aspects of day-to-day retail operations as directed.
ReStore supervisors are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers.
- Collaborate and plan daily with ReStore receiving supervisor
- Plan and prioritize daily maintenance tasks for ReStore sales floor
- Continually produce and maintain creative, interactive, well merchandised displays
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of sales floor, break room, restroom and outdoor areas, ensuring a safe and welcoming retail environment
- Delegate daily tasks to assistant staff/volunteer partners
- Train volunteers to complete ReStore tasks and support with reviews and follow-up
- Greet and assist customers in the store, including loading, measuring and answering questions
- Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
- Site oversight, management and maintenance
- Supervision and guidance of staff and volunteers
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing donation flow urgency
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Follow safety requirements
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment; learn new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo and name tag
Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year staff management experience
- Experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds.
Salary and benefits
This is a full time position with a wage Range: $14-16 per hour and includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and retirement plan.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A complete resume, including dates of employment
- A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: two professional and one personal
Send application materials to email@example.com. Open until filled. Interested persons are encouraged to apply promptly.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.