Reports to: Clark County Habitat for Humanity Store Manager
Position Type: Part Time
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore home improvement outlets take donated new and used building materials, furniture, appliances, lighting fixtures and other home goods, then sell them to raise money for Habitat home-building projects while keeping tons of reusable materials out of area landfills.The Store Associate is responsible for working with other staff and volunteers to manage all aspects of day-to- day retail operations as directed. ReStore associates are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively, and to use polite and respectful communication with staff, volunteers and customers. If you are highly motivated, have retail experience, wish to live in a fun, vibrant and green city this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team!
● Train volunteers to complete Store tasks and support with reviews and follow-up
● Greet donors and inspect donations; accept items that meet our guidelines and decline those that do not
● Clean and price donations; place priced items on the sales floor
● Clean and organize all store and receiving areas, including break and rest rooms, and outdoor areas
● Greet and assist customers in the store, including loading, measuring and answering questions
● Cashier and manage opening and closing of store
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work as a team with staff and volunteers, following the lead and direction of senior staff
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Manage time well, such as timely arrival for shift, reporting hours, taking appropriate breaks, and managing donation flow urgency
- Use tools and equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jacks and dollies to move donations
- Follow and enforce safety requirements with other staff and volunteers
- Master communication tools, such as telephone, email and 2-way radio
- Adapt to a changing work environment
- Learn new operations skills as program develops
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear Store logo and nametag
- Other duties as assigned, including taking a leadership role as needed
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift, move and/or load items over 50 pounds.
Salary: This is a part-tme position starting at $12.50 per hour.
APPLICATION PACKETS MUST INCLUDE:
- A complete resume, including dates of employment
- A cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
- Three references: two professional and one personal
Please e-mail all application materials to email@example.com. Open until filled.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause. Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer.