Eco-School Network Program Assistant
March 20, 2018
The Eco-School Network (being created by the Center for Earth Leadership) recruits, trains, and supports parents to become agents of sustainable change within their child’s elementary school. The Network will operate as an independent nonprofit with two full-time staff members as well as volunteer parents who assist in program delivery.
The Eco-School Network Program formed by the Center in 2009, now has 72 trained parents working in 47 Portland-area schools. The parents are supported by district-wide networks in Portland, Beaverton, West Linn, and North Clackamas.
The Program Assistant will work closely on a team of two with the Executive Director in our overall efforts to (1) recruit, train, and support parent agents of change, (2) sustain the health of the four networks, and (3) form other networks in the greater Portland area.
The role of the Program Assistant will include responsibilities in the following areas:
- Communicate with Network members and prospective members by phone and email.
- Help recruit parents through PTA meetings and other events.
- Maintain memberships; send renewals; maintain data base.
- Act as office manager; handle accounting; provide technical assistance.
- Administer the website, and prepare and distribute flyers and quarterly newsletter.
- Assist with trainings: prepare written materials; carry out logistics.
- Assist networks in maintaining vitality: meeting planning, invitations, follow-up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for recruiting new parents to the Network
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to protect Earth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including spreadsheet and database work
- Website editing experience, and ability to troubleshoot tech issues, a plus
This is a full-time position. Some evening and weekend hours will be required for meetings and events. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications. Benefits include vacation, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, green transportation subsidy, and a health insurance stipend to offset the cost of insurance.
No applicant will be discriminated against based on race, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. If you are requesting accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, please let us know. We value diversity and encourage anyone who is interested in and qualified for the position to apply.
How to apply:
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. on May 4, 2018.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of and relationship with three to five references (written list with phone numbers), consolidated into a single PDF or Word document, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Eco-School Network, visit www.ecoschoolnetwork.org.