Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: 6/20/2016
Industry: Environment, Nonprofit, Technology
Type: Full Time
Free Geek, located in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an innovative and collaborative leader energized by our mission with experience as an executive who will foster continued growth and success. Our Executive Director (ED) will be a passionate, credible, and articulate advocate for Free Geek’s mission, and is someone who leads by example and inspires support from both inside and outside the organization.
As our ED, you will bring an entrepreneurial spirit and success as a resource developer, ensuring Free Geek expands its resource base and develops meaningful partnerships and alliances in the community. Knowledgeable and experienced in leading through times of dynamic change, you will unify and align various departments while ensuring information is shared in a spirit of openness and learning.
Importantly, you understand the urgent environmental and digital inclusion issues of the day.
You will use your position to energize constituents and galvanize broad public support for action.
About Free Geek
Free Geek’s mission is to recycle technology and provide access to computers, the Internet, education, and job skills in exchange for community service.
It’s a mission that’s worked for us through the many changes since our founding in February 2000. Believing firmly that reuse is the highest and best form of recycling, Free Geek has
earned a reputation as a respected leader in the field of digital inclusion, resource management, and environmental integrity. We are poised to tackle the most important challenges impacting technology reuse and recycling.
Free Geek is seeking an innovative and collaborative leader; an articulate champion of our mission; an experienced manager; and a skilled communicator with proven experience developing resources and relationships in the community.
Required Skills & Experience
Innovative and Collaborative Leader
● Chart the course for the next chapter in Free Geek’s history
● Lead and empower staff; build strong management team; ensure their success
● Support and collaborate with board of directors; promote their success
● Inspire broad public support for Free Geek’s mission
● Manage strategic priorities to meet goals as determined by board and staff
● Demonstrate understanding of nonprofit finance, budgets, and financial statements
● Demonstrate ability to unify and lead staff and manage resources effectively
● Articulate and promote Free Geek’s mission (written and spoken)
● Develop and expand community partnerships and alliances
● Develop and expand donor base; cultivate relationships with key donors
● Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Demonstrate skill in mediation and negotiations
For a complete job description, go to: www.freegeek.org/edsearch.html
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
1. Cover letter (maximum of two pages) stating:
a. Why you are interested in the position
b. How your skills and background meet the requirements of the job
c. What you uniquely bring to the job
3. Five references, including name, title, address, and phone number (references will be contacted for finalists only).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline for applications is 5 pm on June 20, 2016.
$80,000+ DOE, plus benefits package