Brightworks Sustainability is seeking a qualified Project Coordinator to join our team. The Project Coordinator position performs important analysis, documentation and coordination tasks for sustainability and green building certification programs and consulting projects. Projects include implementation and certification under the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating systems and other like green building and sustainability programs in the Pacific Northwest and throughout the United States.
The employee filling this position will work closely with consultant project teams. This position reports directly to a Brightworks’ Sustainability Principal and will be working closely with Brightworks Sustainability Project Managers as their mentors to support project needs.
1. Prepare, maintain and submit LEED and other green building certification documentation.
2. Review documentation by others for completeness, clarity and quality.
3. Interact with design team members during all project phases. Document and communicate discussions and resolutions with project team members to align deliverables to the project scope.
4. Track ongoing documentation by others to meet scheduled milestones and deadlines for submittal.
5. Keep abreast of the latest advancements and strategies for Sustainable Sites, Transportation, Water Efficiency, Energy Efficiency, Healthy Materials, Resource Conservation, Health and Wellness, Social Equity, and share knowledge with the rest of the staff.
6. Keep abreast of the latest in environmental, social and economic sustainability trends.
7. Follow company quality processes to deliver projects that exceed our client expectations resulting in long term relationships beneficial to the client and company.
8. Perform analyses for evaluating project performance against third-party standard sustainability metrics.
9. Provide input to the senior staff to help win projects and meet the company’s profitability criteria.
This person will have the ability to evaluate complex projects for compliance with sustainability program goals and performance thresholds and communicate results in clear and convincing presentations.
Must be a LEED Accredited Professional or Green Associate or have completed the equivalent amount of study and experience in another green building framework.
The best candidate will be familiar with multiple LEED rating systems and credits, as well as LEEDOnline.
• LEED Green Associate (GA) or Accredited Professional (AP)
• A minimum of 1 year of experience with the design and construction of buildings seeking LEEDcertification.
• Skilled at using Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Familiarity with other graphic or analysis programs such as InDesign, Sketch-up or Photoshop.
• Familiarity with LEED Online documentation website.
• Basic knowledge level of building systems design.
• Bachelor degree or higher and advanced degree or specialized training in construction management, architecture, engineering, or other building design or construction-related field.
This position will be located in Portland, Oregon.
About Brightworks Sustainability:
Brightworks Sustainability helps our clients capture and create lasting value by aligning their efforts with basic principles of ecological, social and economic sustainability.
We provide comprehensive sustainability planning, analytics and facilitation services, helping our clients increase asset value, reduce operating costs, manage risk and enhance their brand, while helping address pressing global ecological challenges.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture with a performance-based bonus program and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance. We offer a 401(k) plan with many sustainable and socially equitable fund options. We subsidize sustainable commuting options and offer an Employee Wellness Benefit. Other benefits include Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and flexible schedules.
Brightworks Sustainability is an equal opportunity employer.