Bicycle Transportation Alliance
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance (BTA) is a non-profit membership organization working to promote bicycling and improve bicycling conditions in Oregon. Since 1990, the BTA has worked in partnership with citizens, businesses, community groups, government agencies, and elected officials to create communities where people can meet their daily transportation needs by bike.
The BTA is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and effective individual who will provide BTA with the administrative support we need to build a bicycling movement in Oregon. The position is responsible for general office management and will provide daily support both finance and fundraising departments.
• Enter and process financial information into QuickBooks Online account including A/R, A/P, credit cards, checks, and merchant account payment processing as needed.
• Process payables for recurrent and project-related expenses.
• Coordinate with the Director of Operations and bookkeeper to ensure all financial information is accurate and input in accordance with the monthly finance schedule.
• Retrieve, open and distribute mail.
• Copy, log and deposit checks.
• Actively manage office equipment and supply purchasing to provide the best combination of quality and value, including ordering and organizing office supplies as well as managing relationships with cleaning, coffee, and copier services and the building manager.
• Perform quarterly inventory of BTA merchandise.
• Organize office clean ups as needed; manage shared office tasks.
• Manage vehicle rental accounts including Zipcar, truck rentals, etc.
• Respond to general inquiries (email and phone) and either answer or forward questions to the appropriate staff person.
• Assist Operations Director with filing, record retention, and the annual audit.
• Manage payment processing for off-site events; coordinate with event staff; train appropriate individuals in accepting payments and processing credit card transactions.
• Support fundraising efforts by providing administrative support, assisting with data entry as needed, and assisting with event coordination. This may include providing some support in communicating with and recruiting volunteers.
• Attend BTA events after hours for administrative support as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Job skills required:
• Take the initiative to identify logistical and situational challenges and problem solve them in a cost-efficient, timely and thoughtful manner.
• Be responsive to staff and member needs by addressing questions and solving problems relating to finances and operations in a prompt and educational manner.
• 2+ years’ experience in office administration, including money handling, purchasing, inventory management and building management,
• Knowledge of databases, financial procedures, Microsoft Office software, and office equipment,
• Experience in membership-based organizations and/or campaigns preferred, and
• Exhibit a passion for bicycle transportation and/or an interest in creating livable, healthy and sustainable communities
BTA offers health and dental insurance, PTO, Flexible Spending account, and a 3% match on the retirement account. Our building has indoor bike parking and is close to public transit.
Submit resume, cover letter and three professional references. In your cover letter, please explain how your experience fits the requirements of this position.
Send your information to email@example.com with “Office Manager” in the subject line of your email. No faxes or phone calls please.
This position will remain open until filled.
$16 per hour