Future 500 is a non-profit specializing in stakeholder engagement. Our mission is to engage and align diverse, often-adversarial stakeholders in support of systemic solutions to urgent environmental and social challenges.
We currently seek a dynamic and driven Marketing & Communications Coordinator for a six-month contractor position in our Portland, OR office. Our ideal candidate is passionate about sustainability, with marketing experience in small, dynamic, fluid organizations such as start-ups or non-profits.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Social media. Manage and enhance Future 500's brand through regular posts and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Website/SEO. Regularly update site content as needed (e.g. blog, events). Use Google Analytics and/or other tools to monitor and analyze web traffic.
- Newsletter. Work with broader staff to develop content for monthly e-newsletter. Distribute newsletter and other ad hoc announcements to F500 email subscribers.
- Conference Outreach & Event Support. Work with staff to identify and secure speaking/panel/attendance opportunities at key conferences and events. Secure media partnerships. Assist staff with conference logistics and occasional on-the-ground support.
- Media Planning & Outreach. Leverage F500's existing media partnerships to secure promotion and distribution of brand content (e.g. blogs, articles) through external channels. Work with staff to develop editorial calendar and regular blog content.
What we require:
- Degree + 3 years experience in marketing/communications – preferably with an organization in the non-profit and/or start-up sector.
- Proven track record working successfully across social and print media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and WordPress. Graphic design a plus.
- Well-versed on a variety of environmental and social issues.
- Comfort working independently in a dynamic and evolving environment with little direct oversight, and with individuals holding diverse opinions about environmental, social and political issues.
Commitment: This is a six-month contractor position, beginning at 30 hours/week. Some remote work is acceptable, but candidate will be expected to work 2-3 days/week from our office near Providence Park in downtown Portland. Ideal start date = February 2016.
Compensation: $18+/hour, commensurate with experience. Within the first month of employment, the coordinator will also receive a compensated trip to meet with Future 500's broader team at our headquarters in San Francisco.
About Future 500:
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit specializing in stakeholder engagement around social and environmental issues. We work to build bridges between parties at odds — corporations and activists, the political right and left, and others — to advance systemic solutions to sustainability challenges. Sometimes, this involves advising companies on how to better engage with their stakeholders; other times, it means collaborating with NGOs, foundations and political influencers to highlight emerging issues or promote bipartisan policy solutions.
Our staff is a diverse mix of professionals with experience across the corporate and NGO spectrum. Together, we work on a wide range of issues – from climate change, to marine conservation, to green chemistry, to water stewardship. Regardless of the project at hand, we aim to earn and maintain the trust of all parties while striving for common ground.
The majority of our team is in San Francisco, where Future 500 was founded twenty years ago. Our small-but-growing Portland office is led by our COO, Erik Wohlgemuth, and is located within Forge Portland, a co-working space for nonprofit and small business enterprises.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Kellen Klein, Senior Manager of Stakeholder Engagement, at email@example.com.