EcoDistricts Director of Business
Closing Date: 3/11/2016
Industry: Business, Fundraising, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
The primary role of the Director of Business + Partner Development is to help develop and execute the organization’s business development strategy and build the market for district and neighborhood- scale sustainable development. The position is responsible for building enduring partnerships and alliances, capturing new business opportunities, increasing sales and meeting fundraising goals. The Director of Business + Partner Development must have an in-depth understanding of the urban regeneration industry, including skills and experience in the areas of community development, urban development, green building, next-generation infrastructure, and social equity.
The position requires a passion for urban sustainability and a strong knowledge of all EcoDistricts’ lines of business, with an emphasis on assessing where potential and existing clients are best served by the organization; either as a member, donor, sponsor, fee-for-service customer; or combinations of each. In addition, the position is directly responsible for mentoring and training staff to become an effective sales force - working effectively with our partners and prospective clients to expand business opportunities to expand our impact.
The Director of Business + Partner Development is a member of the organization’s Executive Team that helps to manage and shape organizational and business strategy, organizational policies, and professional development initiatives. The position reports to the CEO.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Management
1. Collaborate with the Executive Team in shaping and implementing the organization’s 3-year strategic framework and business plan, including development of new products and services
2. Participate in the development of the organization’s Go to Market and Customer Experience strategy
3. Support Marketing + Engagement Director in the development of marketing campaigns for all products and services
4. Develop and successfully meet annual revenue targets for the organization’s multiple lines of businesses (membership, event and training sponsorships, consulting, project verification, and practitioner accreditation)
5. Work with Director of Finance & Administration to develop and manage annual budget and KPIs related to “Community” line of business (e.g. membership, advocacy)
1. Identify and close new sales leads for all lines of business
o Research and build relationships with new clients, members, sponsors and/or donors and turn this into increased business
o Meet potential clients and/or donors by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
o Identify potential clients and/or donors, and the decision makers within the client organization
o Screen potential business opportunities by market segment to identify new leads and potential new markets
o Research the needs of potential customers and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
o Contact potential customers, build rapport and schedule meetings to identify the most appropriate business and partnership opportunities
o Close new business deals by coordinating proposals, clarifying requirements; developing and negotiating payment/contracts; and integrating contract requirements with Operations Team
o Elevate the EcoDistricts brand by representing the organization at selected conferences and industry events
o Share and distribute market intelligence with staff
2. Maintain fruitful relationships with existing customers
o Track individual and organizational contributors and their accomplishments
o Work closely with the Development + Information Systems Coordinator to ensure Salesforce is being effectively used by staff and donor/client records are consistently up to date
o Set and meet retention targets for membership, event and training sponsorships, and practitioner accreditation
3. Update job knowledge by researching industry trends, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
People of color and LGBT people are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is open to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran. EcoDistricts provides full medical, dental, and retirement benefits. Send cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com with “Director of Business + Partner Development” in the subject line. Application due: 5 PM, FridayMarch 11.
$70,000 - $85,000 starting