Program Manager - Residential
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will develop strategy, and manage design, delivery and ongoing implementation of Energy Trust Residential Retail Products Program for customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, and Avista. The position must manage PMC contracts, budgets and savings goals associated with the delivery of the offerings while building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders, utilities, state and local governments, as well as industry actors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of Retail Products Program for the residential sector including but not limited to: goal setting, budgeting, program development and implementation with an associated annual budget of approximately $15 million.
- Support the residential sector’s overall strategy for promoting efficient lighting technologies
- Oversee program contracting process. This includes supporting the development of RFP’s, scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and managing the budgets and execution of the contracts.
- Manage a multitude and variety of complex contracts, directing the work of contractors to achieve program goals and ensuring terms and deliverables are met.
- Provide internal subject matter expertise on the residential sector’s engagement of retail market channel actors and lead the development of other midstream channels including manufacturers, distributors, and contractors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Energy Trust internal support teams to ensure program effectiveness and continued innovation.
- Assist in program evaluations and reviews.
- Work on multiple concurrent team-based initiatives.
- As needed serve on relevant public boards and committees. Coordinate multiple delivery channels across market segments and other regional efforts such as those by NEEA and BPA.
- Write and present reports to advisory committees and the Energy Trust Board of Directors
- Represent Energy Trust interests and regularly give persuasive presentations to external stakeholders at public events.
- Perform all duties of the job in a safe manner
- This position will direct the work of external contractors.
- Position will hire and direct the work of external contractors, suppliers and/or vendors in the course of managing specific programs and other efforts.
- Bachelor degree (engineering, science, economics, business, finance, architecture or environmental science preferred), or equivalent experience.
- Five years of experience in program and/or project management within the energy efficiency industry.
- Two years of experience in staff supervision preferred.
- Demonstrated 2 years of experience in managing complex contracts
- Understanding of contract administration and risk mitigation
- Experience in program design, delivery and all phases of implementation
- Experience in all phases of hiring and managing contractors, from internal approval of funding, writing scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, to managing the execution of the contract.
- Demonstrated ability to define strategic market directions and translate these to a coordinated set of program goals, actions, approaches and key indicators
- Experience with energy efficiency, efficient lighting technologies, and energy economics (i.e. Levelized cost, measure life, cost benefit analysis).
- Experience with managing program implementation through various market channels including retail, manufacturing, and contractors.
- Delegation, financial analysis, prioritization and time management, multitasking and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including basic knowledge of SharePoint.
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills.
- Experience working on multiple team-based initiatives.
- Understanding of utility regulatory environment and political context for Energy Trust’s work.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications will be accepted for 30 days
Attn: Program Manager - Residential
Open until position is filled.
Employment application packets are accepted via regular mail, fax at 503.546.6862 or by email to email@example.com.