PGE Specialist V, Sustainability
ocation: WTC - World Trade Center - Portland
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 28, 2016
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
This position is primarily responsible for developing and implementing strategies and programs that embed sustainable decision-making into PGE’s company culture and business processes.
Typically a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, business, sustainability or related field plus seven years of experience in sustainability, energy efficiency, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driver’s license and proven safe driving record
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability principles and strategies
- Strong knowledge of utility industry, business/financial model and regulatory processes
- Intermediate knowledge of PGE products and services
- Intermediate knowledge of PGE’s power generation, transmission and distribution systems
- Intermediate knowledge of PGE strategy, mission and vision
- Intermediate knowledge of regional economic drivers, as well as environmental and community issues
- Intermediate knowledge of interdependent utility business functions such as supply chain, finance/budgeting, facilities management, risk management, compliance, environmental compliance, product development, etc.
- Strong skills in written and oral communications
- Strong project management skills
- Strong skills in creative problem solving and analysis
- Strong skills in meeting facilitation with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong skills in teamwork and building collaborative relationships
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills
- Strong skills working independently and exercising judgment
- Intermediate skills in public speaking across diverse audiences
- Intermediate skills in organization and prioritization
- Intermediate skills in computers, including database management
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: