Green Certification Field Manager
Type: Full Time
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for innovative, bold, collaborative individuals with a passion for sustainable building. If you’re interested in joining an entrepreneurial nonprofit, with incredible benefits and flex-time, staffed with intelligent, dedicated people, this is the place for you. Learn more about Earth Advantage at www.earthadvantage.org.
We are looking for someone with a wealth of building science knowledge, excellent communication skills, and very high standards in everything they do to perform field inspections and to lead the Earth Advantage technical team. This person should enjoy working in the field, writing, teaching, and learning, and understand the importance of team engagement. Exceptional customer service is crucial.
• Perform accurate building inspections and complete all required checklists and forms, for both single family and multi-family construction.
• Lead, motivate, and provide guidance to the Earth Advantage technical team. This includes strategically working with staff to help them overcome any obstacles that are impeding their performance or their training.
• Perform diagnostic testing including, but not limited to: duct testing, blower door testing, CAZ testing, and air flow testing.
• Provide education regarding the ENERGY STAR, Earth Advantage, and LEED for Homes programs to builders, sub-contractors, developers, and subcontractors on a one-on-one basis, as a support to the green building consultants.
• Follow up on failed inspections to ensure corrective action is understood and implemented.
• Weekly review of inspection reports and Salesforce inspection data entry of team to assure that failed inspections are followed up on quickly and no missing fields prevent the home from being certified in a timely manner.
• Assist with developing and refining certification programs. This includes researching, writing or rewriting measures, and editing.
• Other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change.
• HERS RFI or BPI Building Analyst
• 5 + years inspecting and testing homes with at least one of the above accreditations
• Minimum of 3 years management experience leading a team of 3 or more direct reports
• Documented track record of defining department goals and meeting or exceeding those goals
• Lift 50-60 lbs at any given time
• Supply vehicle to and from job site and other assigned duties. Valid driver’s license and insurance.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and motivate a team
• Excellent verbal and oral communication, with an emphasis on listening skills
• Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and keeping stakeholders informed at all times
• Ability to critically assess situations and provide constructive solutions independently
• Superior customer service skills and a sincere desire to help people
• Interact with confidence in the green building field (with general contractors, superintendents, developers, architects, and homeowners)
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, sustainability, or related field (or equivalent)
• LEED for Homes Green Rater / LEED Accredited Professional - Homes
• HERS Rater with modeling experience
• Heat Pump Commissioning Trained and Certified
• HVAC design experience preferable, Manuals J, D, & S
• Level 1 thermal imaging accreditation
• ENERGY STAR Verifier
• Single and Multi-Family residential construction experience
• Multi-Family inspection experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF format only). Incomplete applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
• Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
• Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Email application materials to: email@example.com
Subject line should read: “GreenCertificationFieldManager – Last name, First name”