Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for innovative, bold, collaborative individuals with a passion for sustainable building. If you’re interested in joining an entrepreneurial nonprofit, with incredible benefits and flex-time, staffed with intelligent, irreverent, dedicated people, this is the place for you.
The Deconstruction Advocate requires an ability to persuade, a talent for collaborating with a diverse range of parties, and the savvy to identify business opportunities.
The Deconstruction Advocate directly engages and facilitates connections between property owners, developers/contractors, and the region’s growing network of for-profit and non-profit entities that purchase or accept used building materials for reuse. By identifying projects in early stages of redevelopment, the Deconstruction Advocate will effectively present the option of deconstruction and material reuse as a viable and beneficial alternative to demolition. The Deconstruction Advocate will then facilitate the flow of used building materials to entities interested in purchasing or accepting donations of reusable materials.
• Track commercial and residential remodeling, redevelopment and demolition permits upon application or issuance and make immediate contact with the permit applicant to discuss deconstruction and building material reuse opportunities.
• Respond to all salvage and reuse inquiries related to commercial and residential remodeling redevelopment and demolition.
• Establish relationships with key companies and individuals whose construction, remodeling and demolition activities generate building materials that are potentially reusable.
• Proactively build and enhance Earth Advantage’s existing professional network among the architecture, engineering, construction, remodeling, demolition and deconstruction industries by setting up introductory meetings with businesses, contractors, neighborhood associations, trade groups, membership groups, government agencies and other key individuals such as decision-makers, key influencers and project initiators relevant to current and upcoming redevelopment and remodel projects.
• Identify and assist in implementing best practices for creating efficiencies and simplifying pathways to divert used building materials for reuse.
• Develop mechanisms for identifying and tracking upcoming demolition and renovation projects.
• Establish working relationships with all known Metro area for-profit and non-profit entities that accept used building materials for reuse.
• Identify and target outreach primarily to the types of projects where deconstruction and salvage practices have proved to be relatively easy and successful, but where there is still significant opportunity to expand adoption of these practices. As opportunities arise, provide assistance to build deconstruction into the types of projects where this has proven to be more challenging (prevailing wage jobs, public sector projects, large multi-phase commercial projects, fast track projects, and projects with limited space/downtown, etc.).
• Work closely with an ad-hoc advisory committee to ensure that the primary objectives are being met.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, sustainability, education, construction management or related field (or equivalent).
• Minimum of five years of experience in sales, marketing/outreach, education, construction management, or project management.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, telephone, writing and social media skills.
• High motivation and energy level with demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Entrepreneurial and results oriented.
• Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to keep stakeholders informed
at all times.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Comfortable with mobile office environment.
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF ONLY).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
• Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Email application materials to: email@example.com
Subject line should read: “Deconstruction Advocate – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
To Learn More About Earth Advantage Visit Our Website: earthadvantage.org
Information not posted