Lloyd EcoDistrict Program Manager
The Lloyd EcoDistrict is a nonprofit business association in the Lloyd District that seeks to create the most sustainable neighborhood in North America. The Lloyd EcoDistrict was started in 2010 as a pilot project of 10 major property owners in the Lloyd District along with several key public sector partners (City of Portland, Metro, and Portland Development Commission) to advance the goals of sustainability and economic development in Lloyd District through four major performance areas: waste reduction, energy efficiency, alternative transportation initiatives, and storm water management. We have been working over the last four and half years to establish our priorities, set baseline metrics, and start moving toward our goals. (Please see our District Roadmap and Annual Report at www.ecolloyd.org) We are now focused on implementation strategies, primarily in areas of Transportation, Waste Reduction and Energy Efficiency.
We are looking for a Program Manager who can continue to coordinate and manage the programs and initiatives we have begun and to develop new initiatives that are in the works. The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director, and work with interns, district stakeholders, board members, and technical specialists.
The Program Manager main focus will be relationship building and outreach. The Program Manager will have 3 areas of primary responsibility: Energy Efficiency, Waste Reduction and Internal Operations.
The District has completed the first year in a 5 year Energy Efficiency Action Plan (see www.ecolloyd.org for the full report). The PM will work to manage our role in projects identified in that plan, and other work as directed.
- • Provide staff support to the Energy Efficiency Working Group. This group will develop a work plan for executing identified energy efficiency projects. Coordinate the near term Energy Action Plan actions items related to new buildings .specifications, volume discount programs, existing buildings and renewable energy projects.
- • Coordinate with business owners and program stakeholders to carry out our Commercial LED Retrofit initiatives.
- • Coordinate with property owners, the City of Portland, our strategic partners and local utilities on the ongoing upkeep and expansion of Portfolio Manager Accounts with in the EcoDistrict.
- • Coordinate with the Energy Trust of Oregon and other partners on Strategic Energy Management Programs.
- • Promotion and reporting of all above activities into presentation, spreadsheets and written reports. Develop content for web and hard copy materials to promote, define and report on the above activities.
- • Work with Executive Director and working group on new initiatives.
- • Manage ongoing energy efficiency initiatives.
- Waste Reduction
- Project manager will lead the RFP process and development of the Zero Waste Action plan working in partnership with consultants (to be hired), Executive Director, stakeholders and Metro staff.
- • Manage the Zero Waste action plan process.
- • Coordinate next steps with consultants and stakeholders on all aspects of the ZW action plan. Conduct outreach to businesses and other partners to promote and explain waste reduction opportunities.
- • Support director in developing the workforce component of the waste reduction program.
- • Coordination, promotion and reporting of all above activities.
- • Assist with program development of new initiatives.
Our small organization needs someone to be on point for all of the daily and not-so-daily operations of a technical nature (telecom, office equipment, servers) and as well as maintaining and advancing some minor organization structures and protocols. Familiarity with office systems such as Constant Contact, Dropbox, Outlook, telecom systems, procurement or ordering processes, filing systems, and cloud-based server systems. Applicant is not expected to be an expert in these areas, but should be comfortable troubleshooting and communicating to those who are experts in these areas.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, urban planning, community development, architecture or other relevant fields.
- Experienced project manager with demonstrable experience with sustainability initiatives, green building certifications, sustainable infrastructure, neighborhood or district scale initiatives, waste reduction programs, economic development, energy efficiency and/ or recycling best practices.
- Self-starter who communicates well and can balance independent activities with teamwork.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Must be comfortable public speaker, group leader, and enthusiastic promoter of the district.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong proficiency with Outlook, PowerPoint, Dropbox, and Excel.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Community outreach with business, residents, public and private sector stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with persons of diverse backgrounds.
Dependent upon experience. 40hr/ week. Flexible schedule, transit pass provided.
Excellent full dental and medical benefits provided.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 30, 2015.