The Center for Earth Leadership (the Center) is a small nonprofit founded and directed by Jeanne and Dick Roy, also co-founders of the Northwest Earth Institute and the Oregon Natural Step Network. The Center has a regular staff of 3.5 FTE, an office in downtown Portland, and teams of volunteers working to support various Center programs and projects.
The Center’s mission is to enlist, train, motivate, and support citizens who wish to assume a greater leadership role in creating an ecologically sustainable future. To pursue this mission, the Center organizes trainings, workshops, and events, primarily in the greater Portland area. Our cornerstone programs include the Eco-School Networks and the Agent of Change Program.
The Program Assistant supports programming efforts and handles administrative work to ensure the organization functions smoothly. Specific duties include the following:
- Office operations including phones, computers, supplies, and Access database.
- Assist in outreach and marketing for programs.
- Prepare program materials and assist in coordinating logistics for programs.
- Assist Co-Directors on projects.
- Demonstrated commitment to protect the earth.
- Seeking half-time employment in a small-team environment.
- Organizational skills and proficiency with database work, data entry, and record keeping.
- Advanced computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues.
- Proficient in editing written work.
- echnology experience: MailChimp, website editing (basic HTML a plus), and QuickBooks.
- Graphic design experience, including Adobe InDesign.
This is a part-time, hourly position. The hourly wage will depend on experience. Benefits include vacation, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, green transportation subsidy, and a health insurance stipend to offset the cost of insurance.
Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 4.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three references (written list with phone numbers), consolidated into a single PDF or Word document, to email@example.com. No phone calls please.