Renewable Northwest, the Northwest’s preeminent renewable energy advocacy organization, seeks a spirited, committed, skilled individual to serve as staff Office Manager.
ABOUT RENEWABLE NORTHWEST
Renewable Northwest is a regional nonprofit advocacy organization that promotes expansion of environmentally responsible new renewable resources including wind, solar, wave and geothermal energy. Seen as a model by national allies, Renewable Northwest serves four Northwest states – Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. Member organizations include leading renewable energy businesses, environmental organizations, academic institutions, consumer groups and other renewable energy sector affiliates. Renewable Northwest offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding workplace where staff teams with members and allies to move the Northwest toward a clean energy future. In the past 21 years, Renewable Northwest has helped the region go from 0 to more than 8,200 megawatts of new, renewable energy generation. Employees hold individual responsibility for respective focus areas but are well supported by fellow staff members who collaborate closely across policy, regulatory and industry arenas. Visitwww.renewablenw.org for additional background information.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Supporting Renewable Northwest’s advocacy goals and mission, the Office Manager assists with all aspects of administrative organization and office programming. The Office Manager works with the Renewable Northwest team – executives, staff, members and allies – to ensure front and back office tasks are running smoothly. This staff member must be very well organized, reliable, detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and a calm demeanor.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Greet visitors, answer phones, respond to general inquiries about renewable energy, and member support.
• Plan logistics of quarterly member meetings and fall retreat.
• Assist with invoicing and accounting.
• Produce monthly report by editing staff-generated content in an easily digestible format.
• Maintain calendar of deadlines for foundation grants, lobbying forms, and other submissions.
• Develop, maintain, and strengthen strong working relationships with our board members, membership organizations, and allies.
• Make travel and meeting arrangements, and coordinate schedules and contacts for staff.
• Manage office supplies and machines.
• Assist with updates to website and social media pages.
•Other assignments as directed by Administrative Director. May include special projects (examples include: researching specific energy issues, developing information packets/displays for the public.)
Candidates must be able to juggle multiple tasks, be a quick learner, and possess excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
• Strong interest in clean energy.
• Three years office management experience.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
• Strong work ethic and positive approach to work team and alliances.
• Self-motivation, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Quicken software programs.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Experience working in a non-profit setting with a mission-driven staff and board.
• Exposure to public policy development and advocacy.
COMPENSATION AND AMENITIES
Salary range: $32,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and vacation policy. Renewable Northwest is an equal opportunity employer.
To submit an application, send the following materials via email by July 20, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A complete application will include:
• Cover Letter;
• List of three references (please include name, title, relationship to applicant, phone number, email.)
Please include the three requested documents as separate attachments in MS Word, PDF or rich text (RTF) format. Documents in other formats may not be considered.
Send electronic files via email to: Admin@RenewableNW.org
Please direct questions to:
$32,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience