EcoDistricts Operations Coordinator
Salary Range: $16.00/hr - $19.00/hr DOE
Job Status: Non-Exempt
FTE Status: 50% (up to 20 hours/week)
The Operations Associate’s primary responsibilities are ensuring organizational effectiveness and excellence by managing and supporting EcoDistricts’ administrative, operational, communications, and program activities. This position reports to the Director of Finance + Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle day-to-day operations of the office, including maintenance of office equipment (copier, printers, telephones, etc.) and working with vendors
- Serve as organization point of contact, including greeting visitors, managing the phone and firstname.lastname@example.org email account and responding to public inquiries
- Provide executive assistance to the CEO, including scheduling and documenting meetings, coordinating travel, managing correspondence (email, telephone), supporting speaking engagements, and conducting research
- Provide support to the Board of Directors, including scheduling and documenting meetings, managing correspondence (email, telephone), providing logistics support for meetings , and managing the Board Dropbox folder
- Coordinate all office related purchasing, including office supplies, furnishings, computers, software, etc.
- Sort incoming mail, process outgoing mail
Finance + Compliance
- Assist in administration of finances in accordance with organizational policies
- Work with financial manager on accounts receivable activities
- Assist with bank deposits
- Filing and document management
Development & Partnerships
- Support grant proposals, reports and correspondence to corporate, foundation and government funders
- Provide support for development-related events (fundraisers, donor events)
- Support correspondence and mailings
- Track and distribute EcoDistricts-related media stories on website and social media
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Minimum three years of administrative and operations experience
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Confident and poised with the public
- Good phone skills and front office presence
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Word and Excel, and
- CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) preferred
- Well organized, self-motivated, excellent attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Commitment to organization’s mission
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
EcoDistricts is a nonprofit organization dedicated to just, sustainable and resilient cities and neighborhoods for all. EcoDistricts provides support and leadership for urban change makers and innovators to accelerate sustainable district and neighborhood scale regeneration. To learn more, visit ecodistricts.org.
EcoDistricts employs a collaborative, team based approach through staff developed, mutually agreed upon core values. EcoDistricts supports a healthy work-life balance and recognizes that there are tangible benefits from supporting flexible working practices and assisting employees to achieve a balance in their work commitments and their life outside of work. Employees work a standard workweek but are occasionally required to work overtime, including some evenings and weekends.
This position is open to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran. It is the policy of EcoDistricts that our organization does not discriminate in its leadership, staffing, or service. EcoDistricts provides full medical, dental, and retirement benefits. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. Application due: 5 PM, Friday August 21st.
EcoDistricts is an equal opportunity employer.
We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.