EcoDistricts Events + Engagement Coordinator
Salary Range: $40,000-60,000
Job Status: Exempt
FTE Status: Full time
The Events + Training Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to support the planning and execution of EcoDistricts’ events, training and education programs. This includes growing the reach and impact of the EcoDistricts Summit, EcoDistricts Incubator and EcoDistricts developed and delivered trainings. Additional activities include supporting organizational-wide conference proposals and public speaking engagements. This position reports to the Director of Marketing + Engagement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and successfully implement the annual EcoDistricts Incubator, Summit, and District Utilities Academy. Activities include managing all logistics, production and program-related activities – coordinating contracts and fees, venue acquisition, travel arrangements, lodging, food and beverage services, A/V, exhibition, signage and event décor, on-site staff and volunteers, program design and speaker acquisition, registration, on-site event services, run of show, evaluation, and event follow up
- Collaborate with the Marketing + Engagement team to develop the outreach and promotions strategy, including brand development, messaging platform, collateral, website, and social media activities
- Collaborate with Development team to create event prospectus, and cultivate, secure, and manage sponsors
- Collaborate with technical staff and external advisors on event programming, including identification of speakers, curation of panels, and design of shoulder programs such as tours, workshops, symposiums, and other programs
- Develop and implement green events program
Training / Professional Development
- Coordinate the EcoDistricts training and professional development strategy in partnership with the Director of Innovation. Activities to include:
- Conduct industry needs assesses on regular basis
- Research and establish training delivery means and methods
- Develop strategic partnerships for training delivery and negotiate contracts
- Collaborate with Director of Innovation on curriculum development
- Coordinate faculty-training program
- Coordinate staff speaking engagement calendar and activities
- Collaborate with Marketing + Engagement team on brand development, promotion, outreach and social media activities for all events and training
- Collaborate with Development team to cultivate and secure sponsors and manage event-related sponsor relations
- Manage and ensure the quality of training and professional development standards
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years relevant events and /or training development and coordination experience preferred. CMP preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with sustainable neighborhood development best practices preferred
- Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of EcoDistricts
- Strong knowledge of event planning and training development and execution
- Experience with marketing and market development
- Outstanding organization, business fundamentals and project management skills
- Exceptional ability to see events through all phases of implementation while maintaining timelines, budgets and effectively managing expenses
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office required – SalesForce and Adobe Design Suite experience preferred
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic teams
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple concurrent projects while also being highly detail-oriented with an attention to quality
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to EcoDistricts’ mission
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work overtime as needed
EcoDistricts is a nonprofit organization dedicated to just, sustainable and resilient cities and neighborhoods for all. EcoDistricts provides support and leadership for urban change makers and innovators to accelerate sustainable district and neighborhood scale regeneration. To learn more, visit ecodistricts.org.
EcoDistricts employs a collaborative, team based approach through staff developed, mutually agreed upon core values. EcoDistricts supports a healthy work-life balance and recognizes that there are tangible benefits from supporting flexible working practices and assisting employees to achieve a balance in their work commitments and their life outside of work. Employees work a standard workweek but are occasionally required to work overtime, including some evenings and weekends.
This position is open to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran. It is the policy of EcoDistricts that our organization does not discriminate in its leadership, staffing, or service. EcoDistricts provides full medical, dental, and retirement benefits. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Events + Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Application due: 5 PM, Friday August 21.
EcoDistricts is an equal opportunity employer.
We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.