Forest Park Conservancy
The Forest Park Conservancy protects and fosters the ecological health of Forest Park, maintains and enhances the park's extensive trails network, and inspires community appreciation and future stewardship of the splendor of this iconic, urban wilderness as a gift for generations. Each year, we work with 1,000 volunteers to maintain trails, remove invasive species and plant native trees and shrubs. FPC is leading a 20-year campaign to restore 15,000 acres of public and private to ensure the long-term health of Forest Park.
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures to support organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This person will ensure that office supplies are maintained, information systems and office equipment are functioning, and donor data is well-managed. The position is also responsible for supporting financial functions. A successful candidate for this role will understand the importance of effective external relations and the value of an engaged volunteer base.
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Schedule: 5 days, 40 hours/week
- Manage records and donations in FPC's two CRM, (Raiser's Edge and Business Catalyst), as well as a trail-a-thon donation page.
- Review and fulfill supply and materials requisitions.
- Manage phone and computer systems, troubleshoot IT issues for staff, and coordinate work with IT consultant, as needed.
- Manage office supply and equipment needs.
- Coordinate with outside vendors as appropriate for services.
- Design, implement and maintain filing system, both electronic and paper files.
- Ensure protection and security of files and records.
- Support membership program by responding to inquiries, as needed, and sending renewal notices
- Coordinate the FPC store: manage inventory, update the website, coordinate bulk sales, and work with development director to promote items available for purchase.
- Open and route incoming mail.
- Answer phones, route calls or respond as appropriate.
- Monitor general information email address, respond to requests for information or route to correct staff.
- Deposit donations and produce thank you letters for all gifts.
- Monitor all bank and credit card transactions and distribute statements to the Executive Director and bookkeeper.
- Track grant expenditures and prepare invoices for reimbursement.
- Manage petty cash fund.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and records for bookkeeper.
- Accounts payable - review invoices and process check requests.
- Assist Executive Director and Development Director with the development of annual budget.
Support Executive Director
- Maintain new staff orientation materials and maintain files for contractors.
- Assist Executive Director in setting appointments and communications with the Board of Directors and committees.
- Special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in administrative support
- Knowledge of office administration and management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computer equipment and advanced uses of Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks, and Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to manage and trouble-shoot phone and computer systems.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Likes to solve problems
- Self-starter; flexible
- Enjoys providing staff and customer support
- Detail oriented, systems thinker
Salary and Benefits
Salary: $37,000 - $42,000
Benefits: Generous vacation benefits/full health insurance.
The Forest Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection of candidates for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, military service, family medical history, legal source of income, gender identity, political affiliation, or family leave obligations.
Open until filled. First review of applications May 5, 2015.
Email your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Office Manager in the subject line.
$37,000 - $42,000